Monday, January 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

For some reason I thought that I already had this recipe here (enough people have asked for it, that's for sure!) This is my favorite ever chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I think I've made it a billion or so times. Its a good recipe if you're wanting to substitute butterscotch chips or mint chocolate chips. I imagine nuts or candy sprinkles could be added as well. Its a very workable recipe, and so basic and easy to stuff in a mixer and prepare! They can be made soft and gooey (my favorite) or hard and crispy, or anywhere in between, depending on how long you bake them. I always pull my cookies out of the oven the instant before they're really done, and leave them on the hot pan a minute or two to let them finish baking, which gives them that soft, chewy, melt in your mouth texture. Mmm writing this is making me hungry for them now...

---Chocolate Chip Cookies---

Ingredients:
-3/4 c. butter
-3/4 c. sugar
-3/4 c. packed brown sugar
-2 eggs (large)
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-3/4 tsp salt
-1 12 oz package semisweet chocolate chips (or whatever type of chips you want)

Directions:
Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, and then gradually add to butter mixture while beating. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 14 minutes. Makes a whole bunch.


Added bonus I just thought of: it doesn't call for any grody shortening/lard!

A tip I just remembered: if you're out of vanilla extract, it doesn't actually taste all that great if you substitute lemon extract. Not that I thought it would, but it was worth a try...


No comments:

Post a Comment