Friday, June 4, 2010

Quiche

Quiche is an odd dish that can be made many different ways. This recipe is for just plain quiche, but some recipes also have spinach or ham in them. This recipe might also work if you want to make mini-quiches, but I haven't tried that yet. I like to chop up the onions as small as I possibly can so that I can taste them but not feel them. My Grandma (on my Dad's side) is responsible for this recipe.

---Quiche---

Ingredients:
-One pie crust (a half-baked one is best- if you use my pie crust recipe, only bake the crust for 5-6 minutes)
-1 onion, chopped
-1 Tbsp oil
-1 c. swiss or gruyere cheese, grated (I always use swiss)
-1/4 c. parmesan cheese
-4 eggs, lightly beaten
-2 c. milk
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Cook the chopped up onion in the oil, then put it and all the cheese in the cooled crust. Combine the eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, and then pour over the stuff in the crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or longer until a knife poked all the way into the center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment